What is Clean Haircare?
Clean haircare products are naturally sourced alternative haircare products from natural ingredients that do not require any chemical agents make suds or make our hair shine, but a natural, holistic approach using natural, non-toxic ingredients.
Why should you go Organic?
Our scalp is one of the most absorbent part of our body, so what we use on our hair and scalps can be easily absorbed by our body, in fact, the scalp and forehead are four times more absorbent than the skin on our forearms. So choosing what ingredient is vital for your overall scalp and health.
Using organic products also help with protecting the environment, the chemicals from the products goes down our drains and make their way to the waste water catchment areas, research from the European Commission have also shown that using conventional shampoo can contribute to “climate change and mineral and fossil resource depletion”.
Safe, Non Toxic & Plant Powered
- SLS & SLES Sodium laureth sulfate and sodium lauryl ether sulfate are commonly used for foaming purposes. They can cause irritation and allergic reactions when in contact with skin
- Paraben An ingredient widely used as a preservative in cosmetic products. They are known known to disrupt hormone function, which may increase risk of breast cancer and reproductive toxicity.
- Petrolatum Petrolatum is derived from petroleum and used as a moisturizing agent. Petrolatum can be contaminated with polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, or PAHs which may be car-cinegenic.
- Phthalates Phthalates help lubricate and soften other substances and enhance absorption. They may interfere with reproductive function and hormonal systems.
- EDTA Short for ethylenediamine tetra acetic acid and is a chelating agent and works as a preservative. EDTA may cause irritation.
- Mineral Oil A colorless and odorless petrolatum derivative and keep the skin moisturized. Mineral oil doesn’t biodegrade well and it’s not from a renewable resource.
- Formaldehyde Used as preservatives in cosmetics products. It can cause allergic skin reactions and rashes in some people.
- Synthetic Fragrance These may be irritants and can cause the scalp to react adversely.
- Artiﬁcial Colorant Artiﬁcial colorants are created in a laboratory or industrial setting and can cause reactions, such as rashes or inﬂamed skin.